29 Dec 2014

Licking fears and phobias

All my life I've been phobic. Became sensitised to all emotion by the age of 11. All got too much for a little kid so withdrew from the world for most of my life. Years later I know phobias and persistent fears are a conditioned response. Learning again, how to react to things in a normal and non terrified way is the only way forward. Using common sense and reason should get you through. I wanted to discuss this with a dear friend but he got too scared to even talk about this. Hope he's OK. Just remember that to be sensitised to all emotion and to focus it on one action or object (like a spider or sickness)  or all emotion (most of it) and throw it all in the one mix, translating it to fear - makes for a spaghetti of confusing feelings and there are knots of complexities that need unravelling.  To do this you need good friends, a good therapist (preferably) who will understand where I'm coming from and someone who can stay focused and calm about being real and staying realistic about fears and phobias. I met a few professionals who were also phobics and I reckon they were frauds. Recovered phobics with insight, now that is what one needs to help with the guidance and understanding. This change doesn't happen overnight but happen it can and it does. Maturity? Maybe. Insight? A little. Development and the will to keep going? That comes with a deep love - I think the love of life itself because sometimes, even when depressed, life itself is still beautiful and as long as we can be grateful for the smallest things, life is beautiful. So hang in there fellow fearies and trust in gratitude and love. Life is love, treasure it. Maybe one day I'll just not be afraid of fear any longer. Meantime, I love my life anyway, no matter how small or meaningless it seems to some. Or how scary.


No comments: